Monday, November 16, 2009

Recent Finds

Searching antique stores for knick knacks is one of my favorite pastimes. I recently found this bowl with an image of Favonius the 1871 English Epsom Derby winner. I am drawn to anything equestrian. Growing up my parents had a horse farm and riding was my life. I showed every weekend for several years and then became interested in hunting. I gave up riding when I discovered lacrosse and boys, but I will always have a special place in my heart for all of my ponies.

I finally took my first trip to HomeGoods and was not disappointed. I was looking for a basket to store books. JCW is getting his BMA and constantly leaving his school books lying around. One of my many pet peeves is books, magazines, and stray papers not being put away. I love organized clutter but not messy chaos. I found a large basket which is perfect for keeping things tidy.

2 comments:

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

I love an afternoon of antiquing, and finding something you love like that plate, oh makes my day!!

LindsB said...

Just be carful you dont start getting baskets to organize your organizational baskets, haha if that makes sense. I tend to go overboard in the organization and storage stuff in my house- I'm sure you are not as bad as me though :)