Monday, April 18, 2011

Boston Break

Last month I visited my dear friend MBW who I have know since I was five years old. She loves all things Summer, eating healthy, Nantucket, wearing Lilly, composting and most importantly makes me laugh non-stop.

It was my first time seeing her new house and I spotted the needlepoint wedding pillow her mother in-law made.

I was very excited to spend some time with her dog Barley...one of my favorite furry friends. He was kind enough to let me stay in his room for the weekend.

I brought her a few crab Tervis Tumblers. I didn't want her to forget that she's a Maryland girl... although her love of Old Bay is probably a dead giveaway.

Eastern Standard was on the dinner agenda.

We started with Sweet Potato Fritters and a pesto dipping sauce.

My gracious hosts and dinner dates.

MBW and I both ordered the Lobster Gnocchi special.

EAS & MBW

After dinner we went to Island Creek Oyster Bar.

Island Creek Oysters are harvested in Duxbury Bay and that happens to be were MBW's husband grew up.

 We sampled the Island Creek Oyster Stout.

14 comments:

The enchanted home said...

I love Boston and love Eastern Standard! We used to stay at the Commonwealth all the time when my son was at school in Boston and had countless dinners (lunch and breakfasts too) there...love it! Looks like a fun weekend..don't you love Boston? Such a great sophisticated but self contained city, not too big, not too small, great food, culture..its got everything! Great pictures!!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love that needlepoint pillow! When I visited Boston a few years ago, we were mostly in the North End and had some delicious Italian, which is my favorite! Looks like you had a blast--that lobster gnocchi is making me hungry!

Emily said...

Eastern Standard is one of my favorite places in Boston - great food and a fabulous, creative cocktail list! Looks like you had a fun weekend!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I had the best time in Boston! I am gearing up for more posts this week. There will be lots of shopping and eating...my two favorite things to do! xx

j.mosby said...

Looks like a wicked good time!

MBW said...

Very excited for the recap! What a fun weekend- your pictures are so good and capture it perfectly! Come back to visit anytime, Barley is always happy to share his bedroom xoxo

DSS said...

Oh my goodness! All of that food looks so divine! The lobser gnocchi & the sweet potato fritters. Mmmm.....

Glad you had such a lovely trip! And so nice of Barley to share his room:)

Farrell and Lauren said...

We are dying to go to the Island Creek Oyster Bar. One of their marketing guys (maybe the only one?) gave a talk (and tasting) in New York recently and it was fantastic- he really knew his stuff. I was also recently impressed with the stout- normally I can't drink anything that dark!

Ramblin' Blonde said...

That food looks amazing!!!

Pink Champagne said...

What a lovely visit! That needlepoint pillow is just darling, and that lobster looks to die. So glad you had a wonderful time!

Miss T said...

Hello girl. I am totally mad about this needlepoint pillow. Wish I could have the same with my Monograms. Take care!!!!

JEN said...

I just LOVE your shirt in the last picture. Could you share where it's from?

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

My top is from J.McLaughlin...tune in for tomorrow's post! xx

Yankee-Whisky-Papa said...

Next time you're in Boston I'll recommend some off-the-beaten-path spots that I think you'll enjoy.

-YWP