Friday, April 8, 2011

Masters Mania

I keep being reminded that its Masters week in Augusta! It’s the topic of conversation everywhere I turn. Green Jacket Auctions has some truly magnificent Masters memorabilia, for instance this complete set of Masters Badges from 1961-2010. If I was the winning bidder I would frame the badges and proudly display them.

The bidding ended for this vintage pre-1967 Green Jacket.

The idea for wearing green jackets began in 1937 when an Augusta National member suggested that member's wear green coats when they host The Masters Tournament so that spectators would know whom to approach for questions and assistance. Green Jackets were exclusively for members until 1949, when the jackets were first given to the winner of the Masters Tournament.

I am sure this Jack Nicklaus signed 1997 Masters Flag will fetch a pretty penny.

Nico and LaLa was even gearing up for a Master's themed baby shower.

I spotted this 'Four Majors' belt from Knot Belt Company over at Red Clay Soul. The belt will be available for sale at the end of April.

While I am on the subject of golf...my cousin is an extremely talented golfer thanks to my grandmother for getting him on the greens when he was just a lad. Here he is giving Paddy Harrington a few pointers on his swing! haha

Will you be watching the Masters or attending a Masters party this weekend?

16 comments:

Sue said...

Oh yes! It is all Masters all the time around here. Youngest son who usually hosts a Masters party at our golf course is attending a wedding in Miami this weekend and is delaying his flight home until Monday so he does not miss a minute of the Masters action on Sunday.
Great picture of your cousin with Paddy Harrington.
xoxo,
Sue

Lilacandgrey said...

i am go go go this weekend- not sure if I will have the time :(

Dex said...

Was streaming it live on my laptop through my last day of classes for the semester yesterday.
Will be cheering for Bubba Watson and Fred Couples, hopefully I can get my research presentation wrapped up before they take the course.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Thanks for sharing the interesting history behind the iconic green jacket! My post today is about an artist I think you'd like, be sure to check it out! Happy Friday!

DawnW said...

Just got back from Augusta last night! Love the Masters and LOVE the course! One of the most beautiful places on earth!

j.mosby said...

Has anybody seen the beverage cart lately? I could go for Bud lime!

Anonymous said...

Go Rory! It's been slow at Seminole because half the membership are members of Augusta too...hehe!

Ms. Bright said...

SO wish we were going this year!!
What a fantastic theme for a shower!
Love that!


the-bright-life.blogspot.com

eas said...

Thanks for the post on the Masters. Love those Masters badges and the baby shower theme is fantastic!

We are watching w/friends over and yesterday my post was on our Masters menu. Happy Friday.

Beth Dunn said...

Love the Masters, it's one of the only golf tournaments we watch!
xoxo
SC

Cool Gal said...

My mister will be glued to the tele all weekend. He is obsessed with golf!

Carole said...

What a fun post. I love watching the Masters.

Wendy said...

The Master's is a tradition in our house along with all the other majors too.

Donna said...

My hubby talks about all of this all he time. as for me, I like the belt!

Glitterista said...

The badge collection is amazing! This is one of the only sporting events that I secretly enjoy watching. Hope you had a great weekend!

Miss Janice said...

I have a Masters badge collection from 1968 to 2012!!! Born & raised in Augusta, I have spent many fun times at the Augusta National. Love your post!