Wednesday, April 28, 2010

US Squash Championships


The US Squash Championships were held in Baltimore this year. It had been fourteen years since they were last in Baltimore.

The 75th Anniversary Party was held at the Maryland Club and the bear was even sporting his squash gear.

EAS & JCW

All proceeds from the silent auction benefited SquashWise.

You can't go wrong auctioning squash racquets in a room full of squash players.

There was an array of food.

Matsuri sushi is a Baltimore favorite.

Slurp

Lots of fixins'

The pasta bar was my favorite food selection...I opted for lobster ravioli.

Mini creme brulee

The band played lots of Motown.

Martini ice luge

If there is one thing I learned at Roanoke College it was how to do an ice luge.

My luge preferences may have matured from Popov to Veuve but my talent remains.

I pulled this CKB Charleston dress (circa 2007) out of the back of my closet and was glad it still fit.

JCW's new US Squash racquet.

I love all of the Maryland details.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, the ice luge! I haven't seen one of those since college... what a fun event!

QueenBeeSwain said...

you are just darling and I wish I would have gone!

xoox

kHm

Seersucker Scrapper said...

You look adorable. What a fun night!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I love the idea of the martini luge going into a glass instead of down my chin and onto my clothes :)

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

You look adorable dancing to the sounds of Mowtown. xo xo, Whitney

TWA said...

what fun! You look so adorable in your vintage CKB, The charleston is one of my favorite dresses from her collection.

Main Line Sportsman said...

Looks like a great party and you look terrific on the dance floor. I love squash and play as often as possible at Germantown Cricket Club and sometimes at Merion. Indeed, just played in a tournament and was thoroughly trounced by a +1 handicap...
I would like to see the Nationals as that level of play is inspiring and one can learn from spectating.

Caroline Elizabeth said...

i love the roanoke college/ice luge shout out! So true--I miss it.

Summer is a Verb said...

Emma has that same CKB dress. It's a classic...XXOO