Thursday, April 1, 2010

Recent Finds

I do consider myself to be an animal person and I don't think I could ever kill an animal. Seeing as these pheasants where already dead and given to me as a gift...I though I might as well hang them and appreciate their beauty.

I was happy with how the pheasants looked on the wall. They reminded me of something I would find in the Hovey sister's pad.

I addition to the pheasants, I got this equestrian fox hunting plate at a local antique store. It was one of those items that I would have regretted walking away from...so I made it mine.

4 comments:

Summer is a Verb said...

Omg, the pheasants ANNND the plate I want! Totally up my Eastern Sho gal alley...XXOO

James said...

Very nice display of the pheasants, the plate is a great find. I hope you have a nice Easter!

QueenBeeSwain said...

LOVE the pheasants- but this is coming from the gal who is at her parent's home, writing this in the office which has no fewer than 7 mounted animals on the wall! Pheasants are the best though, I mean, they're in the living room sketch in TOPH- clearly you can't go wrong!

xoox

kHm

Main Line Sportsman said...

My Wife prohibits hanging my various taxidermy items in the house...probably smart since there are lot's of 'em and it would clutter the walls.
I think your mount of the pheasants looks fantastic....but they are a bit more meaningful if you shot them yourself..so get your man out the door and into the field with a trusty double-gun in hand....or get out there yourself!