Monday, March 15, 2010

Revamped Hovey Pad

Hollister Hovey was one of the very first blogs I started reading. I couldn't get enough of Hollister and Porter's adventures and their vintage safari meets Ralph Lauren style. A Trip Down South alerted me to the piece Apartment Therapy did on the sister's revamped loft in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.





Photos by Geoff Bentz and Porter Hovey

Photo by Porter Hovey

The New York Times did an article entitled The New Antiquarians back in July of 2009. These are some of the images from the Hovey pad before the makeover. Notice the eggshell blue walls use to be a rich black. I enjoyed comparing the new photos to the old, and seeing the same furniture or accessory in a different location.

Hollister and Porter Hovey

Photos by Michael Weschler for The New York Times

6 comments:

JMW said...

I love the Hovey sisters - too cool for words. I like the blue walls so much better. They're apartment is a feast for the eyes.

Staley Mc said...

I love that shade of blue in their living room area! I'm thinking of painting my room that shade!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

I have not seen their work before! So glad you posted this! Just lovely!

CashmereLibrarian said...

Not only do they an awesome apartment, they take great trips and completely perfect names.

ERB said...

Very cool. That pheasant looks familiar!

Lachlan said...

Absolutely love this.... I could move right in!

Great taste and a sense of nuanced-whit equals really wonderful decorating and lifestyling :)