Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jury Duty

Yesterday I performed my civic duty.

In preparation for jury duty I picked out the colors to start my long overdue needlepoint project.

After all of the jurors checked in and received their $15.oo...they turned on Meet The Parents.

The next feature film was Monster In Law. My number still hadn't been called and they told us to break for lunch, halfway through the movie. I walked across the street and got some udon soup...this is a great meal when you are nursing yourself back to health from a cold.

Next up was Radio. I had already seen all of these movies but it's the same as being on a plane...you will take whatever you can get. Before the movie was over we were released.

I managed to put a dent in my belt project. The saying starting is the hardest part definitely holds true when it comes to needlepoint...I didn't want to put it down once I got started.

13 comments:

mFw said...

You made a great dent in the belt! Post your progress on it!

Jules said...

That sounds like a long day, but at least you got some of your belt finished! It is going to be really cute.

Main Line Sportsman said...

I was worried that this post was gonna whine about Jury duty being a big inconvenience. I salute you for taking it in stride and acknowledging that is is our civic duty and obligation to our peers to get involved in the system when called.
radio is a wonderful movie in my book.

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

MLS,
No whining here...there are some things you just gotta do. When you go into something with a positive attitude chances are the outcome will be more positive! xx

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

I'm kind of jealous you got called for jury duty. I'll be 35 this summer and I never received a summons. Your belt will be lovely! I'd love to see it when you finish. Did you purchase the canvas online or at a local shop?

JMW said...

Cute belt! Great project to work on while waiting for jury duty.

Sandra said...

Darling Belt. Many more days like this, you'll get your belt finished!! xoxo

MBW said...

The belt is so cute- congrats on getting started! I have never had jury duty either and after reading I am kinda hoping I get called soon! Not a bad movie selection and good excuse to break out some unfinished needlepoint projects :)

Lindsay said...

I love your needlepoint project! I know how to embroider but not needlepoint. I definitely need to learn so I can make the bf a belt!

QueenBeeSwain said...

you brave brave soul. quelle nightmare!

kHm

Southern Aspirations said...

Great use of your time! The belt looks so cute!!

AJLinBoston said...

That is really nice that they show movies to jurors in your state!

Summer is a Verb said...

Tomorrow on the planes I will be doing the exact same things; recycled movies and needlepoint...XXOO