Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Old Brands New Tricks Update

I had been eagerly anticipating the arrivals of L.L.Bean's new line L.L.Bean Signature.

Women's Chambray Shirt Dress

Women's Saltwash Canvas Accessories Bag

Men's Gingham Poplin Dress Shirt

Men's Leather Field Duck Belt

Women's Tie Neck Port Tee

Men's Sperry Sea Mate Shoes

I recently placed an order with Lands' End Canvas and was pleasantly surprised when I received a thank you note in the mail.

I have received thank you notes from high end retailers...where the sales associates work on commission but I never expected to get one from Lands' End. When I graduated from college I worked at Neiman Marcus for a year and a half and on occasion I would send a customer a thank you note. As a result of those thank you notes I gained some wonderful clients. I think Lands End Canvas is off to a great start and I commend them for trying to build a loyal clientele in a crowded marketplace.

14 comments:

Kalee said...

Go Bean. Love that chambray shirt dress and the darling tie neck top. I am always infintely impressed when retailers take the time to send a thank you note, whatever the size of the company or the purchase. Hope that you have a fabulous day!

LindsB said...

Lands End is off to a great start, maybe they are trying to inch ahead of LLBean now? It is true though, great customer service goes a long way- I would pay more for amazing customer service rather than crappy service any day.

Staley Mc said...

I love that men's gingham shirt! I really like the Land's End Canvas collection and that's so nice that they send a thank you card!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Ooh. I forgot. Can't wait to see the new LL Bean stuff!

the pink prep said...

great preppy throwbacks!! And customer service is a lost art! I'm so glad to see that Bean's got it!

JMW said...

Very impressive that Lands End did that. Good customer service has a HUGE impact on where I shop. Love that L.L. Bean is featuring great old school stuff.

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

I have loved some of their new things! And what great service with the note! gestures like that always go over so well with me!

That Girl in Pearls said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Funny about Land's End... apparently they're located in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. My sister in law grew up in the town where they're located! About 2000 residents and just about everyone works at Lands End! So it's very authentic and genuine. I Love it!

PS I'll be following :)

Beatriz.
thatgirlinpearls.com

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Oh that is so wonderful....I love that they took the time/thought to send you a thank you note. Agreed customer service is a lost art! Hope you enjoy your new goodies! XO

Sandra said...

Very cute. So glad to see this from several tried and true companies!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Good to know! Loving the new collection and the fact that they appreciate their customers is a big plus!

Mo Diva said...

awesome picks! love the shirt dress and am impressed by such stellar customer service!

erica said...

awesome picks. I loved when I buy something at a high end store, and I get a phone call to make sure I liked the product or a thank you note. That's very impressive that they have fabulous customer service like that. It seems like it's hard to find lately but that's great!

xoxo

Kate said...

The tie top is so cute and nautical!