Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day

Wishing everyone a wonderful Labor Day. Luckily Earl only made a minor appearance and left us with a truly beautiful weekend. JCW was in a boat collision yesterday while racing in Annapolis Race Week. The skipper was knocked unconscious and the crew spent the rest of the day in the hospital. I am so very thankful that no one was seriously injured besides their beloved boat. On a happier note...congratulations to Carole for winning the monogram decal giveaway!

Happy anniversary to my dear friend MBW and congratulations to my stylish and talented friend Jackie the Gallery Director on her engagement! xx

11 comments:

JMW said...

How scary! Hope everyone is going okay. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend - glad to hear Earl didn't completely ruin the weekend!

The Sailor in Pink said...

oh my gosh hope the skipper is okay! it really stinks that there was a collision. its so unfortunate when that sort of thing happens. hope it wasn't something that could have been avoided, because that always makes the situation that much worse. but annapolis race week wow! that's so lucky! that's an experience i dream of having someday!

happy labor day!
OoXx

QueenBeeSwain said...

congrats to both of your friends, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for the skipper and glad that it wasn't JCW!

xoox

kHm

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everyone's OK!

ACH

MCW said...

Hi! Fairly new follower (via QBS)...just had to comment on the UTZ Crab chips! Yummm! My absolute favorite!

Anonymous said...

Happy Labor Day! And I'm sorry about the collision, at least nobody was hurt!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry about the crash, good to know everyone is ok. Earl didn't get us too bad either (on the Carolina Coast). It left us with a fabulous cooler weekend :)

Blair P. said...

Eek! I'm sorry to hear about the boat collision but so glad that no one was seriously hurt. I heard the weather was wonderful this wknd (my parents live in Severna Park). The weekend in CLT was pretty nice, but I coulda used some crab chips!!!

Carole said...

Trying one more time to post--I posted last night and early this a.m. but my comments aren't "sticking."

Wishing the best to the crew and hope that everyone recovers quickly.

Happt to learn that I won your giveaway. Please let me know what I need to do. Thank you!
carole[dot]spodobalski[at]gmail[dot]com

Cindy said...

Am glad everyone is alright!! And are those Eliza B flip flops?! Love 'em! xo

Kerr said...

how scary! I am glad everyone is Ok.