Thursday, June 25, 2015

No-Bake Energy Bites

I finally got around to making these No-Bake Energy Bites.  I mean what's not to love about chocolate, peanut butter and honey?  

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup (dry) old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flax seed (I used whole)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.

Once chilled, roll into balls about 1" in diameter. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Makes about 20-25 balls.

They're a great treat that you can actually feel good about eating.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to try these! My kids love Z Bars but I hate the waste of individually wrapped treats. Plus this is not from a factory!

Baltimore Prep said...

I just happen to have everything on hand for these - think I will whip them up when I get home!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I've bee making a baked energy ball similar to these! Will have to try your recipe - so good for breakfast.

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe ... but seriously ... it's time for a baby picture of your little sweetheart!

All the best, Katie

Anonymous said...

You might try giving the whole flax seeds a whirl in either a coffee grinder or blender to split them. The whole seeds cannot really be digested.

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Thanks for the tip! :)