Thursday, December 3, 2009

NYSD

Photo by Jeffrey Hirsch
One of my favorite things about a new day is reading New York Social Dairy. You can sit at your desk and in mere moments be transcended to a gala at the Met or find yourself shopping in Capri. NYSD is the perfect tool to escape a routine morning or a monotonous afternoon. Living in Baltimore, I rarely see inspiring fashion, aside from magazines. NYSD shows me what real people are currently wearing. The party pictures are what lured me in and ultimately had me hooked.

I have oohed and awed over many fashionistas that grace the website, but there is one person that always stands out...

Photos from NYSD
Elle Décor columnist Jamee Gregory is one of my style icons and on my best dressed list. She is so polished and always put together. She embraces color and always has the perfect accessories. I have fantasized about what her closet might be like...sigh.

Jamee Gregory's Book, New York Apartments

I live for NYSD House features...I get so excited when I see a new one on the website. Photographer Jeffrey Hirsch has such an eye for detail and always captures the intimateness of an interior. His photos are extremely tactile and make you feel as if you are touring someone's home. A few weeks ago the NYSD House feature was interior designer Alex Papachristidis's home.






Photos by Jeffrey Hirsch

Alex Papachristidis has a saying about life that is very apposite for an interior designer: You’re always walking into a dark room looking for the light switch. -NYSD 11-20-09

Special thanks to David Patrick Columbia and Jeffrey Hirsch for allowing me to travel to glamourous places filled with all that glitters.

3 comments:

PJH said...

I see a lot of "you" in Jamee Gregory's style. I think you have already mastered it!

Summer is a Verb said...

I've been seeing Jamee grace the pages of Town & Country for decades and she has always looked flawless. I think her Southampton home was featured in Hamptons mag this past summer. I threw my copies away when we moved or else I'd send it to you...XXOO

ps..NYSD house features is my fav!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Those interiors are stunning! This is one of my daily reads! And I just drool over the beautiful homes!