Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pimms No. 1 Cup

Ingredients:
2 oz. Pimm's No. 1
3 oz. fresh lemon juice or lemonade
Top off with Ginger ale (you can substitute with Club Soda, or Sprite)

Combine ingredients, stir, and pour over ice...garnish with cucumber; mint and orange optional.

In 1823 a bartender named James Pimm created the Pimm's No. 1 Cup at "Oyster Bar" in London's financial district.

Pimms No. 1 Cup is the official drink of Wimbledon, so if you can't make it to London at least you can enjoy the cocktail.


7 comments:

Pemberley said...

Love Pimms! My husband is British so we get over 'there' quite a bit. I prefer the Pimms Vodka Cup which is very difficult to find here. Last time I was in London I came back with three bottles in my carry on.

Tina said...

Pimms is delicious! I had it for the first time about seven years ago when my brother and I went to visit family in London. I think we went through about three pitchers among the three of us at the Goodwood race. It was simply the best touch to a perfect day!

Averill said...

LOVE a Pimms Cup in the summer...It's so English, yes?

AEOT said...

Yum!!! I adore Pimm's! Perhaps I'll get a bottle while I'm on vacay over the 4th of July. Thanks for posting about it and reminding me!

Grace said...

my fave drink ever!!

QueenBeeSwain said...

pimms is just the best! totally diving into it hard post GMAT for the 4th! if you want to be really naughty, try a pimm's cocktail; pimm's, champagne, gin and a think there is a smidgie of juice in it. oooooooooh those naughty BU oarsmen who picked up this drink at the Royal Henley in England a few years back and brought it home to make its way into my heart. talk about a "Tara Reid Fantastic" evening!

xoox

kHm

Summer is a Verb said...

I just saw a picture of a sign somewhere in England that read, "It's Pimm's o'clock"...XXOO