Monday, October 18, 2010

Extra Butter Please

I am a firm believer that calories don't exist at the movies.

Yesterday I saw Secretariat with my mom. It was a truly beautiful story. A special scene for my mom and I was when Secretariat was born. We have witnessed foals being born on our farm and it was unforgettable. The movie opened with this powerful quote...

Do you give the horse his strength or clothe his neck with a flowing mane? Do you make him leap like a locust, striking terror with his proud snorting? He paws fiercely, rejoicing in his strength, and charges into the fray. He laughs at fear, afraid of nothing; he does not shy away from the sword. The quiver rattles against his side, along with the the flashing spear and lance. In frenzied excitement he eats up the ground; he cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.” – The book of Job, Chapter 39 verses 19-24



Images: Reelz Channel

On Friday JCW and I went to see The Social Network and we both loved it. There were a few rowing scences which took me back to my days as a coxswain.

Last year I saw some of the filming of The Social Network.

It was very cool to see the director David Fincher in action. I thought his last movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was fantastic.

It is such a thrill to see a scene you saw being filmed on the big screen.

6 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

I would love to see that movie!! I just can't get myself to the movies these days...
<3Cara

"Tea Time" Print Giveaway
Lilac and Grey

Kerr said...

I want to see both of these movies, esp Secretariat!

Buckhead Belle said...

Fun! I have been dying to see both of these movies!

Summer is a Verb said...

I loved both movies too! And, can NOT wait for the new Matt Damon movie to open this week...XXOO

A Big Little Life said...

I thought everyone knew that calories don't count at the movies. ha

ALR said...

I want to see both of these movies! I love Diane Lane and I am from Ky so Secretariat is a must see. Social Network just looks interesting. Cute blog!

Amy R.