Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shower for the Gallery Director

The talented gallery director's wedding day is rapidly approaching and I attended a shower in her honor. The invitations were her silhouette which even included her signature bun and stud earrings.

She wore Lilly Pulitzer's Jacqueline Dress.

There was plenty to drink...

...and lots to eat.

The cake was topped with Kissing Maltese Salt and Pepper Shakers.

There were also gluten free cupcakes for the bride-to-be...

...and of course there were lots of gifts.

The favor was a candy bar.

Two days after the shower I got the sweetest blue and white thank-you card in the mail.  The talented gallery director doesn't waste anytime when it comes to writing her thank-yous. I can't wait for the big day!

10 comments:

Clare C. Whitaker said...

Looks like a wonderful event! And I absolutely love the Lilly dress that she wore, such a beautiful color and style! Hope you have a wonderful week xoxo http://twirlingclare.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love events when so much thought goes into make the honoree feel special! Those invitations are fabulous. I hope she frames one. And I know a little blogger who adores candy, so I know you enjoyed the favor :)

KAH said...

So cute! I love her dress and actually wore it in green to a friend of mine's rehearsal dinner in August. The candy bar is adorable and I love her thank you cards!

~KAH

I Do Declare said...

Great invitation!

Emily said...

Absolutely love the idea of a candy bar for a shower favor...and I love the Jacqueline dress. Most of all, as a thank you note writer myself, I adore the notes AND how prompt they were recieved. oxo

Nelle Somerville said...

The kissing puppies on the cake is too adorable.

Summer is a Verb said...

I have such a weakness for finger sandwiches. Cant't beat finger sandwiches and petits fours at a shower...XXOO

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I like candy just as much as I like Lilly and why are sandwiches so much better without crust?

Laur said...

Ok, the silloutte looks JUST like her! I love her dress, and the cute thank you notes! You guys did a great job! So happy for Jackie!

♡ Mrs. BSK {Preppy Wife Preppy Life} said...

Now following you on Pinterest! (: