Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Gluten Free

For the most part I have been gluten free since last summer. I thought I would give it a try and ended up loving the way I felt. The Talented Gallery Director surprised me with a (monogrammed) Gluten Free, Smith Island Cake after dinner at The Greenbrier.  
 
It was the best cake I have ever eaten. Not only did it taste unbelievable but it meant so much that she had been so thoughtful...Smith Island Cake is no easy feat in the kitchen.

The dinner included all of my favorite foods, like tomato mozzarella. Lawyer Liz made some delicious GF Maryland Crab Cakes.  
 
Special thanks to all the girls for planning such a wonderful meal...my mouth is still watering! xx
 

12 comments:

eas said...

What thoughtful friends you have. I love that they made you a monogrammed cake and all your favorite treats.

Belle on Heels said...

This looks like such an amazing meal!

Life Through Preppy Glasses said...

that cake looks amazing! I used to be gluten free, but it was so hard!

j.mosby said...

Smith Island cake is wonderful! Must have desert when visiting the Maryland Eastern Shore!

Baltimore Prep said...

I cannot believe she made that cake herself! It looks incredible! Now you must share the recipe!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Um...yum-o! Yay for great gluten free goodies!!

KK

The Preppy Princess said...

That is pretty nifty, what wonderful friends you have. The monogram is wonderful. :)

Portuguese Prepster said...

so sweet and looks great too!

Ashley said...

Ditto recipes for the cake and crab cakes!

Lobster Meets Peach said...

What a thoughtful friend! I have been baking gluten free for my daughter for over eight years and it can be tricky at times. So happy to hear you enjoyed your cake!

WorthyStyle said...

I have to admit, getting a cottage is probably a fun way to save some money while at the Greenbrier! When my family goes they are often too small for our entourage and one time my Grandfather almost booked the Presidential suite just so we could all stay together - insane, right? I hope you will share cottage pics at some point - I bet the balcony/porches are so pretty this time of year looking out onto the grounds!

I love Smith Island Cake, and your friends are so great to have had one!

Do you have Celiac like me or just doing gluten free to be healthy?

XO

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Nothing about that cake looks "gluten free" haha--yum!!