Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sam Robinson Fine Art

I had the pleasure of meeting artist, Sam Robinson at a horse race. He paints portraits & commissions and has a passion for Equestrian Sporting Art.
 
My credo as an artist is, “Expression without Description”. I work directly from life as often as is practical. I prize the vivid suggestion of appearances through brushwork and color tones. My artistic concerns can be understood as a pursuit of a “New American Impressionism”. It is the effect or impression I am after, stated directly from observation. I aim for painterly warmth and pursue my taste for subjects and effects that have charm and beauty.





 All of these images are from his impressive Facebook gallery.
  
The winner of the Toggle Home monogrammed button-down giveaway is Kathleen, entry #3!
 

7 comments:

Life Through Preppy Glasses said...

I love finding local artists and supporting them. His works look great!

j.mosby said...

Love these paintings! FYI there's a upcoming Sir Alfred Munnings exhibit at the Sporting Library and gallery in Middleburg, VA!

Nelle Somerville said...

Looks like Jason in the first painting. Such beautiful works!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Nelle, I think you mean Justin and yes that's him! xx

BMO'C said...

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Like the one of Justin and the SJA blessing.

Caitlin C. said...

These are all absolutely beautiful!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Gorgeous!