Wednesday, December 2, 2009

German Shorthaired Pointer

German Shorthaired Pointers are known for their keen scent and hunting abilities.

Meet Dixie, her full name is Streaker's Ginger Belle.

Dixie had a great time on the NCR trail, especially when she saw a squirrel and took off...I was standing on gravel which created a water skiing effect.

I love this pointer plate from the Spode Woodland Hunting Dog pattern.

A young Dixie

Dixie enjoys pointing pheasant, playing fetch, and snuggling. She dislikes smoke, having her nails cut, and when leaves stick to her nose.

Dixie's favorite toy is her chuckit...her dad also likes this toy because it keeps his hands clean.

I recently spotted this orange, pointer bow tie at Ralph Lauren and immediately thought of Dixie.

Dixie getting a little R&R

Special thanks to Dixie's dad for trusting me with his beloved girl... and letting me whisper her. xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw cute puppy!

PJH said...

My sister-in-law, Molly, has a GSP named Hokie. She is a beautiful dog and was the cutest puppy. I bet she would love that china pattern! Thanks for sharing.

Molly Harper said...

Awwww, I love Dixie - she looks so much like my Hokie :) I wish I could get another one but just for the puppy years b/c they are SO cute and they are such good puppies too! You don't see too many GSPs around here so I was glad to read your blog and see another one!!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Molly, I have seen your pictures of Hokie and he is adorable. I can’t wait to get dogs! We are just never home and it just wouldn’t be fair to the pup. I hope Hokie is better on a leash them Miss Dixie! xx

ERB said...

That puppy pic is too cute! My godfather loves GSPs and trains them for hunting so I saw these a couple weeks ago and immediately considered them for a potential xmas gift: http://www.pawspetboutique.com/germanshorthairpointerbisquecoasterset.aspx

P.S. Otho is jealous and feels he deserves his own post!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Tell Otho...he will get his own post! xx