Monday, July 26, 2010

Southside

Ingredients:
2 oz. (alcohol of your choice) vodka, rum, gin
1 oz. lemon juice
1 oz. simple syrup
3 oz. soda water
2 lime wedges
mint sprigs -I prefer lost of mint

Combine ingredients, muddle, shake or stir, and serve on ice.

Southsides are the quintessential summer cocktail and a tradition in Maryland. Southsides flow freely at pool gatherings, polo matches, and steeplechase races. George Lee is known as the Southside guru in Maryland. He was the head bartender at Green Spring Valley Hunt Club in 1969 and he is still making his legendary mix. Lee's Southside recipe is closely guarded and very sought after. This weeks mission...track down a bottle of George Lee's Southside Mix.

Us Marylanders are lucky to have Lindsay's Southside Mix sold at all our local stops and it's also available online for out-of-towners.

9 comments:

Donna said...

Well, that sounds so refreshingly good!!! Yum! I see you are from Maryland...LOVE that state. My sister used to live in Fredrick and we'd visit Anapolis...I could live there...so neat!!

Anonymous said...

Come by for a visit when you get a chance :)

Anonymous said...

I've lived in MD almost my whole life and I've never tried this--I can't wait! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Main Line Sportsman said...

If you use rum and lime...then it is a Mojito...

JMW said...

Girl, that sounds good!! Perfect summer drink - will have to try that soon.

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Thanks for the recipe cutie pie! Lindsay's mix is definitely yummy...I am dying to know if you find George Lee's Southside mix! xoxox

Kalee said...

Sounds like a lovely and refreshing summer drink-I will be giving this a try soon!

CAC muffin said...

ummmm must TRY NOW!

AEOT said...

Yum- a must try for sure! And I adore those bowties you posted about today. I'll have to check into them further!