Friday, February 18, 2011

Celebrating Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day we decided to have a quiet night at home versus hitting the town. JCW surprised me with a red cashmere sweater...it makes for a easy gift when you already have a few in your closet. The real gift was that he put his crackberry away for the whole evening!

He picked up some Indian carryout which is one of my absolute favorites. He had offered to cook but I said "you don't need to go to all of that trouble" which was code for I don't want to be stuck cleaning up that mess!

My mom gave us some sweets; although some of mine mysteriously disappeared. I asked JCW and he said a burglar must have taken them.

Special thanks to JCW for being my Valentine, my thoughtful mother for the goodies and the burglar for saving my waistline! xx

14 comments:

Annie said...

Super cute! Sounds like yall had a fun day!

QueenBeeSwain said...

:) it's the little things, non?!

xoox

kHm

Buckhead Belle said...

Cute post! Perfect way to spend Valentine's Day!

Glitterista said...

We had Indian for Valentine's, too! I wholeheartedly agree that a night off from the crackberry is one of the best gifts ever. ;)

Sarah Brooke said...

I see you got one of the "kid quotes" cards. I actually sent in a quote when I was 10 and it's on one of those cards with my name! They actually still sell mine at Target. I always get excited when I see them.

I don't comment often but I absolutely love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

My hubbys favorite candy are Yorks! He gets them for all the special occasions.

Summer is a Verb said...

Indian was on the menu for our Valentine's dinz too but, it got postponed due to a certain road trip for cuff swapping. Sooo, tomorrow night's the night I'm attempting chicken Makhani (buttered chicken)and garlic naan. I'll be picking the chix out. Bleech...XXOO

Main Line Sportsman said...

I have to say....Indian food does not photograph too well....That blob 'o brown looks suspect..LOL I am sure it tasted better than it looked.
Nevertheless...Looks like a good Valentine's day!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Sarah, that is so cool you have your own card at Target!

Alice, I could live on garlic nan! JCW makes delicious chicken tikka masala. Best of luck
with your dinner.

Indian food definitely tasted better then it looks! haha

AEOT said...

Mmmmmmmm.....butter chicken. It looks delish!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Blair said...

It's funny you say it tasted better than it looked - I just saw that pic and said "mmmmm that looks absolutely delish!!!" Imagining dipping the naan in that sauce - can you tell I'm on a diet!?! Happy Vday!!

The Preppy Princess said...

Yumalicious, that looks *so* good! I love that he put his BB away for the night, that really is a nice gift.

And I am a big fan of the Kid Quotes cards, I am so excited to see that Sarah made one and it is still for sale, that is very cool.

Sending you a smile,
tp

Jules said...

That looks like a fabulous Valentine's Day and I love the sweater. Indian food is so delicious! Is that chicken tikka masala that I spy? Mmmmm.