Tuesday, September 18, 2012

David Burke Kitchen

For my birthday we spent the weekend in NYC. When we arrived the rain had just cleared and left the city a cool July night.

We had reservations at David Burke Kitchen but they were running behind so we decided to wait upstairs at the Treehouse Bar. The menu was exactly the same as the restaurant so we ended up having dinner on the roof garden by candlelight. 
 
I started with the Crab & Tomato Gazpacho followed by the Black Sea Bass.

JCW ordered the Drunken Brownie Island.
 
The meal was delicious but my favorite part was dessert.
 
The Frozen Arnold Palmer was unlike any dessert I had ever tasted. It was Sweet Tea Semifreddo and Lemon Granita topped with meringues and Raspberries. The flavors and textures worked beautifully.

Special thanks to JCW for a lovely birthday date night...I couldn't have asked for a better meal or weather. xx

22 comments:

LBO said...

Your dress is beautiful! Where is it from? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That dress is so you! Love it!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

The dress is Shoshanna and I have to give my friend A the credit because she had it first. I loved the B&W print! xx

Belle on Heels said...

I'll join the chorus of "I love your dress!" It's so pretty. The dessert looks pretty too :)

Anastasia Schembri said...

Sounds like you had an absolutely perfect night! You looked so pretty and of course, love the dress!
A belated happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Love your outfit!! Just from my similar taste, I'd have to guess Shoshanna (which you did already give away) and J.Crew?

Hope you had a great time!

CMJR said...

Beautiful dress! Beautiful dinner! I love all of DB's establishments!

Whitney from Washington said...

What a wonderful birthday dinner date! Best wishes for the year ahead!

LKF said...

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

sounds like a lovely night -- happy birthday!

Fancy {No}Pants

Summer is a Verb said...

Went there last year w/friends and all I can recall are the cake pops. Priorities :)

just ask beth said...

You look beautiful and what a handsome dinner date you have..looks heavenly!

lizziefitz said...

I started a new job teaching preschool and missed the house announcement!!! We lived in before moving to Charleston but always had our sights on Ruxton, Roland Park and Homeland. Hope your new home is filled with wonderful new memories:)))

sle said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!!

Kate Greenberg said...

love the dress...is it the santorini print? i was looking online but i couldn't find the style that you have. it looks great on you!

Amber Steel said...

That dress is a show stopper, super gorgeous! And really that Arnold Palmer sounds amazing.

Megan said...

Love your dress!! Looks like you had a lovely birthday dinner!

Nelle Somerville said...

That dessert looks amazing! What a fabulous night. xoxo

Pink Champagne said...

Looks absolutely perfect! A very happy birthday to you, my dear! XX

pve design said...

Now that is what I call celebrating in style! Ditto on the dress - love that print. Happy Birthday!!
pve

Glitterista said...

What a fabulous birthday celebration, especially in such a gorgeous birthday outfit. ;)

Kate said...

Love your birthday outfit! That dessert looks so good!