Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Goyard

La Maison Goyard, a French luggage company since 1853.

The iconic three chevrons hand painted on canvas.

When I was trying to decide which Goyard style/color bag to purchase I studied the above image from an article in The Business of Fashion online newsletter. I also contemplated whether to personalize? or not to personalize? I worked with someone at Barneys and settled on the St. Louis Tote. I figured out what letters, colors and size stripes I wanted, but changed my mind. I love the way the personalization looks and the fact that you can show some creativity, but I didn’t want to limit the bag. I didn't want to feel like I couldn't use the bag because I was wearing a busy top or a lot of accessories. I have a friend that got her initials with three stripes and then the paint started to chip and she was told the bag would have to be sent back to Paris for repainting. After heavy contemplation I figured the personalization was too high maintenance for a tote that I wanted to throw around and I am way to anal to have my bag start chipping... so until these bags come with touch up paint there will be no personalization for this Goyard girl.

Go-Green Goyard St. Louis Tote, special edition
For the past two years my New Years resolution has been to be more green...however I think this is taking it a little too far.

I spotted this Goyard cosmetic case in the latest Barneys catalog. I like the mustard yellow and navy combination.

Goyard Bois Clutch
I am smitten by this clutch. The only thing stopping me from making this clutch mine (besides the lofty price tag...lets say money is no object) is the hardware and the size. I am very picky about hardware on bags and these days I find myself not even wanting to carry any of my bags with silver hardware. I hate when clutches are too narrow for a camera and if a clutch can’t house my camera...total deal breaker!

EAS & SAS

The Goyard St. Louis PM is the same size as the Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM...both mighty fine bags!

6 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

They are gorgeous bags! Now I want one. LOL xoxo

SC

Anonymous said...

Could you please tell me the price of the Goyard St Louis PM tote right now at Barney's?

Summer is a Verb said...

Ooooooo...the St. Louis tote has just creeped up dangerously close to the top of my wish list. It's snappin at the heels of the Alhambra loot and Hermes beach towel...XXOO

Anonymous said...

do you know the price or where i can buy the Goyard Bois Clutch? i am in love with it but i can`t find it anywhere!
thankss!!!

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Call Barneys or Bergdorfs. I worked with George in the Boston Barneys...he was wonderful. xx

The Big Stripe said...

Not sure if you check new comments on old blog posts, but I found something for you! http://cgi.ebay.com/Goyard-French-Vintage-Antique-Wardrobe-Steamer-Trunk-/160596312895?pt=Luggage&hash=item256449433f#ht_1656wt_922