Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Silver Patterns

Although I am not registered nor engaged I have started to collect silver flatware. My wonderful Aunt S started me collecting. She has an amazing silver collection and wanted me to start building my own.

I collect Kirk-Stieff "Old Maryland" Engraved. This pattern was first made in 1936.

Aunt S collects Rose. My sister also chose the Rose pattern for her flatware.

Here is one of the lovely packages from Aunt S.

I am hoping to engrave a "W" on these in the future. I am so happy that I started collecting silver because I not that into china. I would much rather have an amazing silver collection that I can mix with all different dishes.

When it comes to china patterns I am pretty easy to please...I have started collecting Willow Blue and I absolutely love it!

Special thanks to Aunt S for the beautiful silver and for helping me build something very special. xx

4 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

you have lovely patterns- tres classy! I am inheriting my Memphis gran's silver so I don't collect that, but I do collect waterford- nothing like being a bit ahead of ourselves :)

kHm

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

It is never too early to start with something like this! So lovely!!

ERB said...

Yay to Old Maryland Engraved!

Petergaye S. Kisielewicz of Yahgie said...

These silverware are so beautiful. I love the details on the silverware.