Friday, January 29, 2010

Philadelphia III

After breakfast we went to the Liberty Bell. This bell was rung on July 8, 1976 to call the citizens of Philadelphia together for the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence.

Sometimes I step back a take a moment when I see an American flag being blown by the wind.

The Assembly Room was where the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution were signed. The mantel was the only thing in the room that was original.

EAS & JCW in front of Independence Hall.

We couldn't head home without a cheese steak...Jim's Steaks it was.

The line was out the door.

I decided to walk around South Street while JCW held our place in line. I met some Mummers. The Mummers Parade has been a New Year's Day tradition in Philadelphia since the 17th century.

After investing so much time in line...the food is going to taste that much better.

I am superstitious so I made sure we had black-eyed peas later that night.

Special thanks to JCW for a fun filled weekend and here's to another wonderful year! xx

10 comments:

Kerry said...

You two are such an adorable couple! Have a great weekend! xoxo

Brian said...

Glad to see you got a chance to see the Mummers, they are something else, and Jim's Steaks while not one of the more famous places would have been at the top of my list too!

pve design said...

love Philly!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

I love the picture of the flag flying...so simple and beautiful. I can't believe you met MUMMERS! LOVE IT!! Next time you come to the Philly area can we get together for coffee or cocktails?? :)

Sandra said...

What a fun time! xoox

Lindsay said...

You and your bf are so cute in your Barbour! Looks like you had a great trip! xx

North of 25A said...

I always enjoy Philadelphia, especially the Museum of Art. Thank you for your comment -every one that I get is exciting! I am so glad to have found your blog - and I love to see our majestic flag flying too!

The Hayden Family said...

Y'all are darling in matching Barbour! Sounds like y'all had a marvelous trip! That cheesesteak is going to visit me in my dreams!

Main Line Sportsman said...

Classic Philly Pix...2 Mummers and 2 Cheesesteaks. As a Philly boy myself I loved this post!

JRS said...

Great post...I was in Philly last year. I do love black eyed peas: http://redclaysoul.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-new-year-refill-tank.html