Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter Nights

MBW and her hubby were in town so JCW suggested going to Annabel Lee Tavern. The cozy neighborhood bar is a tribute to Edgar Allen Poe and serves upscale comfort food. The Chipolte Crab Bisque hit the spot.

The BLT Grilled Cheeseburger on Texas Toast served with Duck Fat Fries.

During dinner MBW surprised me with some belated birthday gifts...a Lilly Pulitzer Cuff.

She also gave me a Mariposa Sailboat Napkin Holder to match the other Mariposa pieces she has given me over the years.

After dinner we headed to Dangerously Delicious for a couple of slices of Baltimore Bomb Pie.

JCW, EAS, MBW, WDW

Special thanks to MBW and her hubby for a wonderful dinner and the thoughtful Birthday gifts...they were well worth the wait! We wish you all lived closer. xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the cuff! looks fun!

Kerr said...

I love duck fat fries!

Buckhead Belle said...

What a fun evening! There is a restaurant called Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island in Charleston that is also Edgar Allen Poe themed. It has some of the most delicious and creative sandwiches and burgers. I'll have to try Annabel Lee the next time I'm in Baltimore!

Nelle Somerville said...

I have never been to Annabel Lee. Now I'm dying to go. Looks so great! Happy late birthday and what wonderful prizes. :)

Glitterista said...

Love crab bisque, and I'm sure the added chipotle kick makes this one extra scrumptious! One of the Lilly cuffs is on my Christmas wish list. Happy Monday! XOXO :)

Summer is a Verb said...

Duck fat fries?! Seems my parents have been holding out on me...XXOO

MBW said...

So much fun- well worth our detour into the ghetto! Cozy resturants and delish soups are two good things about cold weather! Happy belated bday xoxo

MissBliss said...

sounds like complete Perfection! :) Happy Holidays!